Roberts Fabrication has more than 40 years of experience specializing in the custom design and fabrication of industrial processes and manufacturing operations equipment for a multitude of industries including: chemical processing, pulp and paper, power, pharmaceutical, and mining. Our modern ASME code production facilities are clean and spacious allowing for proper material segregation.
We are dedicated to meeting your business needs by offering a broad range of design and fabrication capabilities which include:
- A wide selection of pressure and temperature vessels
- Shell and tube type fixed tubesheet or u-tube heat exchangers
- Conventional reactors or reactors with dimpled and half-pipe jacketed columns
- Evaporators, condensers, crystallizers, towers, scrubbers, deionizers, piping systems, and modular skids
- Specialty heat exchanger rebuilds
- Our technical staff is highly-trained with extensive metallurgical knowledge, design experience, ingenuity, and flexibility utilizing the latest in computer-assisted design technologies. Our fabrication facilities contain the latest tools and equipment necessary to safely complete any project in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- In-house capabilities include finishing operations on completed products, and we routinely prepare surfaces by steel grit or glass bead blasting to specified requirements. In addition, we apply primers and finish paint coatings to specified mil thicknesses using specialty finish coatings from major manufacturers. All finishes are applied in our climate controlled industrial coating facility.
Field Fabrication / Repair
We also provide field fabrication services to clients at their facilities for fabrication, repair, and modification of existing pressure vessels, boilers, and heat exchangers. If your equipment is too large to transport as a complete fabricate component, we will fabricate it in sections and send a highly qualified and experienced Fabrication Services Team to your facility for final field assembly.
We have been granted Certificates of Authorization to provide fabricated products in compliance with the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Section I & VIII, Division I requirements.
- Compliance stamps “U” (Unfired Pressure Vessels) “S” (Boiler Manufacture Section I)
- The National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors “R” (Boiler & Vessel Repair & Alteration)
- Shell and tube heat exchangers are fabricated in compliance with:
- Tubular Exchanger Manufacturers Association (TEMA)
- Unfired Heat Exchanger (UHX) B, C, and R
- AWS D1.1
- B31.1 and B31.3 Code
- American Petroleum Institute (API) – 650, 620, and 653
- American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
Roberts has experience incorporating a broad range of materials into your project.
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Clad / bonded Materials
- 6% Molybdenum
- Ni alloys
For a complete list please contact us.
Quality Assurance and Control:
Roberts strictly adheres to a number of Quality Assurance and Quality Control Programs. As part of this process, we undergo yearly audits through our Authorized Inspection Agents and full audits every three years by the ASME and the National Board. Through the audit process and our ongoing internal efforts, we keep our quality program up to date with the latest amendments and revisions to the ASME code.
Our written Quality Control / Quality Assurance program is committed to zero defects both technically and aesthetically. All vessels are built to the same standards, whether code stamped or not. In addition to in-house radiography capabilities, we are equipped to perform various types of leak tests, (including Helium Leak Testing), proof tests, and ultrasonic thickness and material verification tests. We will develop a Project Specific QA / QC Program tailored for our clients’ unique needs.
Positive Material Identification:
- Was the correct material used in your equipment?
- Was the correct filler metal used to weld your equipment?
- What type of material do you have in that pile of steel on your site?
Roberts has in-house nondestructive testing (NDT) capabilities and a mobile nondestructive testing trailer. The nondestructive testing performed by Roberts in the field can be purchased as a stand-alone service.
- Certified Welding Inspectors (CWI’s)
- Full-time Vessel Professional Engineer (PE)
- Visual Testing (VT)
- Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- Radiographic Testing (RT)
- Positive Material Identification (PMI)
- Helium Leak Testing
Fabrication Facilities and Equipment:
Our fabrication facilities, located on 32 acres in Winterville, NC, make Roberts uniquely positioned to accommodate our customers’ industrial fabrication requirements. The first plant is a 70,000 square foot facility dedicated to shell & tube heat exchangers, pressure vessels, and tanks. The second facility is an 82,000 square foot shop providing pipe fabrication for a wide range of pipe materials and diameters as large as 120″.
- Davi Plate Roll (3.5 inches thick x 10 feet wide)
- CNC Plasma Table
- JetEdge Waterjet
- Intimidator QuickMill Drill
- Arc Machines PolySoude TS 8 75-2 Automated Orbital Welder
- Band Saws
- Rotary Plasma Pipe Cut-Off
- Press Break (350 tons x 12 feet)
- Structural Bending Rolls
- Vertical Boring Mill
- Engine Lathe
- Radial Arm Drill Press
- Paint Booth (Climate Controlled)
- Multiple Tractors, Flat Beds, Drop Decks, and Double Drop Trailers
- Heavy Haul Trailer
- Mobile Cranes
- Boom Trucks
- Mobile NDE RT
Our facilities can ship anywhere in the world through the following methods:
- Trucking: a combination of company-owned as well as specialized contract haulers
- Rail: CSX
- Marine – Port of Morehead City, NC
Roberts can help you determine the value of your unknown materials before you either recycle or scrap with our mobile positive material identification services available at your location or our facility.
Please contact us with your project requirements and we’ll provide an estimate for our services.